18.8.11

Media Recently


recent reads:

cassandra clare-
mortal instruments series ( city of bones, city of ashes, city of glass, city of fallen angels)

jurisdiction: Okay so lately I've discovered that I need to mature literary. I've been stuck practically all summer on the most popular YA novels and I can't seem to get away from the world of teenage angst,love, action, and fantasy long enough to buckle down and enrich my self with the classics that will actually benefit me and round me into a well rounded adult. Nope! Now I'm stuck on this series filled with runes,demons,angels,love triangles, and the whole bit! I love it!

infernal devices series (clockwork angel)
jurisdiction: The prequel to the Mortal Instruments Series. At first I'll admit I was a bit hesitant to read this book because I believed it would be just like City of Bones except hundreds of years before. Instead, I found this book on its own to be quite delightful with only a few similarities and of course action packed and filled with ridiculous love drama formed with a triangle. Oh yes and I have decided that my new favorite archaic word is" din" (if it is even truly archaic).

lauren oliver-
delirium

jurisdiction: I very much adored this book. Okay, yeah, so I didn't go far out of my comfort zone to read this novel. It's, of course, a distopian novel set in the future with the ever wonderful forbidden love story interweaved within it. It did although remind me a great deal of the book Matched which I minded a bit but other than that a great YA novel.

megan mccafferty-
bumped

jurisdiction: It's been a while since I've disliked a book but now I can say that I do not recommend one. YUCK! Okay, maybe it's because I'm not really into the whole pregnant baby stuff or that I don't like it when an author makes up their own slang in a story but this was just plain ugh! Excuse my negativity but I honestly just didn't enjoy it... anyone want a free book?


recent films:

cowboys and aliens

jurisdiction: Since the day I saw the preview for this film I knew in my heart that it was going to be (excuse my cliche lingo) EPIC! Perhaps its just the inner Scify, science fiction nerdism that is genetically infused within me but this movie was everything I wanted an more! Action, love,weirdism, aliens, past, futuristic, western...the whole nine yards!I could say more and go on endlessly with the casting/acting and sets and so much more but I'll stop for your sake. ♥
rise of the planet of the apes

jurisdiction: I'll be the first one to admit that at first I was more than a bit skeptical to see this movie. I'd seen Planet of the Apes when I was a kid and thought it was strange and had no desire to see what appeared to be a prequel. Then I saw it. Oh my goodness, who would have known that a movie with so many talking CGI apes would have been so delightful! I adored it!!! I'm sure the large part of me loving it had to do with James Franco ( *silly grin*) but I also loved the twist in the film with the virus ( I'm going to be a doctor okay, stuff like that fasinates me). I also appreciated Tom Felton's appearance in this film, although I would like to see him in a roll that is charming and good and not always the bad guy.

recent music:

the other side of down
david archuleta
jurisdiction: Basically my kindled love for David Archuleta has come back once again but this time with much more vigor and vim! I adore the positivity in his music and the feeling of his love songs because they aren't truly the ballad of someone who's in love but someone who is still looking which I think is so much more relateable.
oh yeah and I keep thinking about this and smiling inwardly (heheh)
and on the other hand thinking I'm much too old to be acting like a crazed fan girl! So over it!

ANY WAYS
in other music...oh wait! There is none because my computer has decided to strike against me and murder itunes....YAY! (again excuse my negativity...it's one in the morning) So I've had to resort back to the ways of the past and listen exclusively to CDs. Woo...
siempre con mucho amor
t.


No comments: